.comWars4 - Game Details
Monday May 27th, 2012 1pm-6:30pm Memorial Park Wurr group campsite, Loma Mar California
- Score more time maintaining pocession of 3 control nodes on the field than the other team.
- Each control point has large pivoting checker flag, and two smaller flags indicating team color. Pivot the checker flag to your team's flag to take control and start your team's timer.
- You'll hear that your team has control of it over your radio headset. Your team will continue to earn time until the other team takes it over.
- Defend control points in your teams pocession.
- Attempt to take over the control points in enemy pocession
- Score as many kills against your opponents as many players as possible.
- Each player will be given 8 lives.
- Each time they're shot they loose one of their lives and their gun won't fire for 1/2 second.
- When they've lost their last life, they've been killed and must return to their team's medic box to be respawned, costing valuable time.
- There are unlimited respawns for each team, although each respawn is counted against your team's total score.
- Dead players are allowed to talk on their radios.
This is a competitive team event. We will be playing with the same teams throughout the event. At the end of each game, the winner is awarded 1 victory point. At the end of the event, the team with the most number of victory points is the winner. Results are posted on a scoreboard in the picnic area, and will be posted online.
- Play in a safe and controlled manner. You are playing at your own risk.
- Stay 5' away from your opponents at all times, no physical contact with enemy players.
- You may not enter or remain in a control node that your team is in pocession of. Once you take over a control point you must leave it.
- Do not cover any sensor
- when you are killed, return directly to your team's medic box to get respawned into the game
- We are guests in this park. Take extra care to make sure we leave this park exactly as we found it.
- Do not touch anything green! Do not walk over any plants. Do not disturb bushes or branches. Do not climb trees.
- Do not approach any wildlife. Remain at least 50' away from all wildlife. It's a big park, and we need to respect its inhabitants.
- There are other guests in this park that want to enjoy their stay. When you see a non lasertag player, be friendly and tell them we're playing a lasertag game.
- Announce the position of non-players over the radio to alert other players
- Do not aim your gun at non-players.
- Dogs are not allowed in any San Mateo County Parks
- Smoking is not allowed in any San Mateo Park
- Hard alcohol is not allowed in the park. Beer and wine are ok only with a designated driver.
- Use only your team's assigned radio channel.
- Avoid transmitting for more then 5 seconds at a time
- Wait at least 5 seconds between radio transmissions.
- Avoid excessive cursing over the radio, as it is played through the speakers in the picnic area
- Keep your radio in secure in its holster or chest pack. Don't use the beltclip, or your radio won't stay on when you run.
- Main competitive games will run every 14 minutes
- Each player will go through a 14 minute training course followed by at least 4 games evenly spread throughout the afternoon.
- There are 2 sets of lasertag equipment and radios. One group of players will be suiting up while another group is playing. Games will run non-stop throughout the afternoon.
- Each team will have a 30-45 minute rest break between each game. Snacks and drinks are provided in the picnic area.